Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Do I ask a second time?

Dec 1st I asked to have my things sent back to me. His answer, "but of course." I have not received any of my things back. I'm sure the answer is "I've been rather busy lately," but the real answer is that it's just not a priority. The things? A DVD that my kids like to watch, a bathrobe, a few rulers, a few yogurt container tops, and anything else I may have left behind.

Do I ask again? Do I just replace the items? I guess I need to accept the fact that he's not the man I thought he was; one who took care of business and did things for his friends.

Update: I asked again, In a nice way. I thought of writing it off and replacing the items, but I knew that it would still bother me. I sort of feel like a mom needing to teach her child manners. Yes, it's easier for me to just replace my things, but then the point isn't made. You treat people with respect and you do what is required of you, even if it's a pain in the butt. Yes, it's harder for me to have to ask again, but it gets the "child" to learn how to treat people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment.