Sunday, March 1, 2009

Pain

There are many different types of pain: Dull, achy pain; Sharp, stabbing pain; excruciating pain. Then there is emotional pain: heartbreak, worry, anxiety, depression. Overall, I much prefer physical pain to emotional pain. I partially liken it to this: when one breaks a leg or hurts oneself physically, there are visible signs of hurt. Others know not to expect much of a person when that person is on crutches. Sympathy is offered when one sees many bandages. This is not the case with emotional pain, which is mostly invisible, except for the tear-stained cheeks and the frown.

Even though I may prefer (if that really is the word for it) physical pain, there is a type of physical pain that I really could do without. Gut pain. Nausea. Diarrhea. Vomiting. These are all on my least favored list.

Why is this even coming up? Because I am sitting here trying to write a school paper on Marketing, positioning and differentiation between two health care companies in the same business. I've been researching and about ready to start the writing when my guts start to cramp. Used the toilet with urgent success, but now my guts simply hurt. HURT! Like crawl in a ball and lay still kinda hurt. Not sure what is causing it, but it's pretty miserable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment.