Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Solstice

I meant to write this yesterday, on the solstice, but I was simply too busy. What is it about life, where it's either feast or famine.

I love this time of year. The end of the shortening days and the beginning of the lengthened days. Spring is just around the corner. From the day the clocks fall back to this day, when the days become longer, is my least favorite time of year. Thankfully, the sunsets are generally marvelous in the autumn, which helps to make it bearable, but I really can't begin to say how horrid it feels to go to work when the sun is low in the sky and the night seems to go on forever.

Oh, and dad is here. He's a true European. He's been here for two weeks and he's taken just one shower. He doesn't stink, really, he just doesn't smell good. Much as I love him, I'm looking forward to his week down south with my other siblings.

To the Solstice.. to the march of time.. to March and Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment.