Friday, January 16, 2009

Taking care of myself

Just as I promised myself in my very first blog post, I'm fixing to do something for myself these next two days. Tomorrow I'm taking the day off. Vacation day. Aside from the fact I've accrued more vacation time than I am allowed to carry over, I deserve a day to recharge. I've been sick, so I know I shouldn't push myself too hard. It's also slow at work, so now is a good time to play hooky. Stinson Beach is my destination. I always come back feeling relaxed, recharged, and rejuvenated.

Saturday I am going to see one of the two shows I had mentioned. Arabian Nights at the Berkeley Rep, matinee performance. Going to take the boys and with a friend and her daughter. The show's been extended twice already, due to the wonderful reviews and audience's desire to see the play. I'm very much looking forward to it.

Unfortunately, I'm also cheap. Frugal may be a better word. The other show I had been pondering had tickets for anywhere from $75 to $135. That's a bit steep for a show ticket, imho. I've paid that for a full theater production (Phantom of the Opera, say), but for a one person show without orchestra, elaborate costumes, or sets, it seems steep. Considering it would have been about $250 for me and the boys, it wasn't worth it to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment.